,

Mother's Day: Surprise the superwoman with something special

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts” is a famous quote by Washington Irving and aptly expresses a mother’s boundless and eternal love for her child or children.
In the eyes of the world, you may be the most despised or hated person but one thing is for sure – For your mother, you despite your wrongdoings will always remain a jewel in her eye. For most of us, it is our mother and not our father who is the confidants. The reason being mothers are naturally more sensitive to a child’s needs and understand their trials and tribulations better. A mother is the person to go to for a hug, counseling or advice because you know that she would only desire the best for you.

So it is time to reciprocate those feelings and what better day to do it than on Mother’s Day?

You could gift her something that she had been contemplating to buy for some time. However for this you will need to keep a keen eye on her and find out yourself what she is most in need of.

A leading online gift service has recently revealed what mom doesn't want to be given this mother's day. 500 moms were asked to name the best and worst Mother's Day gifts. Are these on your list?


Worst Mother's Day Gifts Ever:

  • Forgetting Mother's Day - this is a no-brainer
  • Kitchen appliances
  • Garden tools
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Dead and poorly arranged flowers
So, what do moms care most about? Moms want loved ones to remember their special day. Women in general love fashion accessories, gold, apparel, designer bags, etc and mothers are no exception to this phenomenon. If you have money to spend, then this is also an option to explore. Take her out for dinner or a movie in the evening and treat her like a queen. Most moms love jewelry, flowers, and a day off from chores. What she wants most is your time....our most valuable asset.

Here are some of the gifts that topped the list.

The best mother's day gifts are:

  • jewelry
  • homemade cards (It doesn't have to be expensive. Your thoughts are worth far more.)
  • homemade gifts
  • A day at the spa.... This is especially fun to do with a friend
  • help with chores
  • beauty products.... Consider putting together a beauty basket filled with massage oils, lotions, and all of her other favorite beauty products.
For the ones whose pockets are running dry or for those who don’t believe in such melodramatics, there are other alternatives. You could opt to cook the afternoon food on mother’s day or you could also take up the responsibility of cleaning up your house on that day. Give her a huge hug and plant a peck on her cheek, first thing in the morning when you get up. She would surely love such a gesture!

More importantly, don’t forgot to wish your mom on mother’s day. For mother’s, their kids are their greatest treasures and they feel far happier over their successes than even they do. Mother’s day is a day to honor that seemingly endless love that they impart upon us in a small way.

Surprise the superwoman of the household with something special.
Don't miss out on the best deals for mother's day on our DealsClub page.

24 comments:

  1. I asked for a maid this year. I just need someone to come do a good deep cleaning. I hope I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i can only imagine just how much you've been doing for the family throughout the years. I hope you get that maid, my mom can be very jealous sometimes so i cant be game on this one.

      thanks for stopping by @Masshole

      Delete
  2. Mother's Day is special. There's nothing more precious, more important to a mother - than their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not want anything but a nice dinner I do not have to cook and clean up! Spending the day with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? I would actually LOVE a new appliance for Mother's Day! However your "yes" suggestions are even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year I say all I want is a nap. And no I am totally not kidding. Nope - never get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol now i want to send you that nap, :) no, really i know how u feel, sometimes i just want to buy 'sleep' from all my neighbors

      Delete
  6. Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like getting kitchen gadgets. Breakfast in bed is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes some like kitchen gadgets, i do too but it's safer to got with my list when unsure :) thanks for stopping by @Theresa

      Delete
  7. While my Mom likes to get presents ( oddly, she like kitchen stuff, furniture, and perfume ) from my brother & I, she usually enjoys a fancy lunch or dinner with her kids ( us ). It makes her really happy when she feels that she gets double extra special treatment. She and all our Moms deserve all the love, pampering, and understanding in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RUSS, i always love your comments, love filled and always love oriented. a pleasure to have you drop by

      Delete
  8. On Mother's Day, I like to go and do something as a family. That's my favorite thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. jewelry would be the perfect gift for my mother in this mothers day I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mothers day I just arranged a big surprise party for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to believe this, but not all mothers are equal. But still, they're our mothers. Without them, we are not here. I used to give her gifts when we are young, but she was the type who doesn't show much affection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is kitchen appliance one of the worst? We are actually thinking of giving her some appliances since she loves cooking. We'll celebrate later with a little feast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this was a timely post as we all know, & today i gave my mom a flower bouquet and she absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder why kitchen appliance is considered as a worst mothers day gift. Moms who love to cook will surely love kitchen tools and appliance ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What, kitchen appliances is on top of my list. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love kitchen appliances too.. specially those that I've been wanting for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is excellent advise for gift ideas for mothers day. I think they'll love pampering treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For Mother's Day, I'm dating my mom for that good girly talk and updates about life :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. For Mother's Day, my loved ones took me out on a date and sent me cheesy videos :)

    ReplyDelete